Level 2
19 12 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Support Solutions Framework service continally running. CPU usage 25% to 90%

HP Recommended
610-1100UK desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Recently I have noticed that HP Support Solutions Framework service is continally running.

CPU usage varies from around 25% to 90%, depending on whether Support Assistant is running

I have seen many posts in the forums, but am very confused as to the cause of the issue or a solution.

As far as I'm aware, there has been no siginficant changes to my system so why has the issue recently started?

I am up to date with Windows and HP updates, and currently do not have any outstanding updates.

I have attempted de-installing HP Support Solutions Framework, but unable, as it is required for Support Assistant

I have tried stopping the service and changed the service start up to Manual

Please could somebody provide a definitive solution to this issue?

Thanks

Dave W

5 REPLIES 5
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,992
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daveiw100

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand HP Support Solutions Framework service continually running. CPU usage 25% to 90% due to the same,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Telemetry is an automated communications process by which measurements are made and other data collected at remote or inaccessible points and transmitted to receiving equipment for monitoring.

so it's reading all your data from the hard drive. 

1. WIN+R
2. gpedit.msc
3. Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Data Collection and Preview Builds
4. Double Click "Allow Telemetry"
5. Make sure it's "Enabled"
6. Look a little bit lower for options with the drop down bar
7. Select "0 - Security
8. Press Okay

If the issue still persists, try performing a system restore on your PC and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to perform a system restore.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
daveiw100
Author
Level 2
19 12 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I have not made any hardware or software changes on the system

When I enter gpedit.msc in the Run window, i receive messaage "Windows cannot find gpedit.msc"

How can I rub this command?

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daveiw100

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

There's no need of rubbing or removing the command, 

You can simply close the windows if it isn't supported.

That said, I grasp the HP Support Solution framework service has been running for days and your CPU usage is always between 85%-100%.  If you open Task Manager can you stop the process? You could also try a hard reset. HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset.

If the HP support solution is still talking a lot of resources, you can uninstall it from programs and features. 

For other solutions for slow performance please click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
daveiw100
Author
Level 2
19 12 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

1  I am able to stop the precess in Task Manager, but it re-starts again within a few seconds

2  My system is not a laptop. It is a desktop.

3  I am reluctant to do anything which may affect any other applications

4  I attepmted un-installing HP Support Solution framework from Programs an features, but receive a message stating that I am unable to un-install this, as HP Support Assistance requires it

5 I suppose I could uninstall HP Support Assistant, but that would mean I would lose the benefits of Support assistant

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daveiw100

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

You can always recover the HP Support assistant from the HP Recovery manager,

Or download it from the HP website, although, I would recommend you check if the removal of the software resolves the issue, if it does, we would be able to determine what's causing the issue, please go ahead and confirm the same.

That said, You may need to run an extensive system test using the HP Hardware diagnostics to identify the issue: Click here for instructions.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.

6. If a component fails a test, write down the information so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

I have a few more tricks up my sleeve if this doesn't work, so make sure you get back to me 😉

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation