Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
RTL8723BE

So I am having issues with the built in camera on my laptop. I have looked up videos on this topic, and I've found some that could've worked, had I the options. When I try to use the camera for anything, all that comes on the screen is "Connect a camera." So I dug deeper, opening the device manager and selecting "imaging devices." In that category is only "HP Truevision HD." From the video, when they right clicked theirs, they had multiple options like "update driver, disable device, uninstall device, scan for hardware changes, and properties." On MY computer I only displayed "update driver software..., uninstall, scan for harware changes, and properties." I selected "update driver software." Then selected "Search automatically for updated driver software." On the video, THEY chose "update drivers," then selected "Search automatically for updated driver software." The way THEY did it and I did it is similar so I do not think there is any difference really to be concerned about this far. On THEIR screen, after the last selection displayed a message stating that " The best driver software for your device is already installed." This is what displayed on mine too, HOWEVER, THEY had the option to "Search updated drivers on Windows Update." THIS did not display on my screen so that is as far as I got. I am lost on how to fix this as connect the camera to the laptop so could someone please explain how to fix??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Haddame

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

What's the operating system installed and the exact model name of the computer? Click here for steps on finding the information we need. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

While you respond to that, refer to this document for troubleshooting steps - HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.