ilyaskhan
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP orbit with Huawei mate 9

HP Recommended
1kv79uar#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

well, i have an HP pmen laptop with built in HP orbit and i wnat to connect with andriod huawei mate 9 but when i performed all the actions at the end the code is not showing on my laptop to coonect please help me in this regard?

7 REPLIES 7
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,088
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @ilyaskhan, Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand you have issues pairing your Huawei mate 9 smartphone using HP orbit application on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have issues pairing your Huawei mate 9 smartphone using HP orbit application on your PC.

First, try updating the BIOS on your PC. Update the BIOS using this link. https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85501-86000/sp85573.exe

Try updating your smartphone to the latest version and check if it helps.

Try few steps recommended below.

Before attempting to pair your devices, make sure both the computer and the Android device are on the same wireless network.

Then use the following steps:

1. Tap the HP Orbit icon on the Android home screen to open the app.

Figure : HP Orbit on the Android home screen

Move HP Orbit to the Home screen
  2. A pairing code displays on your computer desktop.

Figure : Example of the pairing code on the computer desktop

Example of code to enter on your mobile device
  3. The HP Orbit Android app prompts you to enter the pairing code displayed in the computer app. Enter that code into the HP Orbit Android app in the space indicated, and then tap Pair.

Figure : Enter code in HP Orbit Android app

Enter code in HP Orbit Android app
  4. When connected, HP Orbit opens to Canvas.

Figure : HP Orbit Canvas

HP Orbit Canvas

Also, uninstall and reinstall the HP orbit software from your PC and check if it helps.

Please check the version of HP Orbit installed on your PC. If you have version 3.3.131.253,  uninstall that version in Control Panel, Programs and Features and install version 3.5.171.271 from the link below:

Update the latest version of HP orbit application using this link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80951.exe

Refer this article to further troubleshoot HP orbit issues.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ilyaskhan
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have updated the BIOS and the issue still is there and here is my poduct number
1KV79UAR#ABA

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ilyaskhan, thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

You did a Marvelous job by trying the steps recommended previously.

However, there are few more troubleshooting steps left, please try those and let me know how it goes.

Are you able to transfer files using regular Bluetooth?

Uninstall the orbit application from control panel program and try updating the orbit application on your PC using this link.

Try the steps recommended below.

Press Windows key + R 
Type: services.msc 
Hit Enter 
Scroll down to Bluetooth Support Service 
Right click it 
Click Properties 
Under the General tab 
Click in the Startup type: listbox 
Choose Automatic 
Click Start 
Click Apply then OK 

Restart your computer then check if it's working. 

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot 
Scroll down to Bluetooth 
Click Bluetooth then click Run the troubleshooter 

When complete, Restart your computer. 

Press Windows key + X 
Click Device Manager 
Expand Bluetooth 
Right-click each entry then click Properties 
Select the driver tab, click Rollback if it's not grayed out. 

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ilyaskhan
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ive followed the instructions orbit deleted but couldnt download from the link which you have given kindly send me the correct link please thanks

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ilyaskhan, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you were unable to download the driver from the link shared previously.

Try the steps recommended below.

• Pairing is initiated from the Android or iOS device, not the computer.

• If the problem persists, restart your computer and also the Samsung phone.

• If the problem still persists, a third-party software firewall application installed on your computer might be blocking Orbit from communicating between your devices. The process for configuring software firewalls varies from product to product.

Search the help information provided with your software firewall application for instructions to create a firewall exception rule.

• Create a firewall exception to allow incoming TCP traffic on ports 9955 and 13148.

If the issue still persists then please uninstall and reinstall the HP Orbit application. Refer to steps listed under "Installation issues" from this link: http://hp.care/2gCWFUM

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ilyaskhan
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hey i still cant download HP orbit on my laptop... as you you said i deleted from my laptop now i cant download it please tell me esy way to download it again and under hp recovery the option Help is not working 

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ilyaskhan, Thanks for your response and time again.

I appriciate your efforts for trying the steps suggested.

Have you tried paring with a different device does the issue persist?

Uninstall the Bluetooth driver from device manager on your PC.

And install the latest version of Bluetooth driver using this link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84411.exe

After the Bluetooth drivers are installed on your PC try updating the HP orbit app using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437/mo...

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try performing a push button reset on your PC and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a push button reset. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/---/3982088/document/c04742289

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation