Sam_S1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP support Asst will not open

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two weeks ago I installed HP Consumer Desktop Notebook PC ME Firmware update sp87520.exe

Internet connection is LAN. 

Since then the computer has been very slow, but this is intermitantly.  HP Support Assistant (v 8.6.18.11) won't open at all.  I get a message - 'HPSF.exe Fatal error.  CLR error:8000 4005 The program will now terminate'

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings Sam_S1,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Since you have not provided a specific product number I am providing an HP site link to downloads for a 570-p000 system.

The firmware update you installed, sp87520.exe, may also need the latest OS MEI update provided by HP: (11.7.0.1040)

I would also update the chipset driver to: (10.1.1.44 Rev. A).

Lastly, check your version of HPSA. You may also need to update to the latest version. Check in "Software Solutions" at the above link for HPSA version 8.6.18.11 Rev.A. This version appears to be the latest .

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation