Did you mean: 
RhysP
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP t410 - Custom Screensaver

HP Recommended
HP T410

Does anyone know how I can set a custom screensaver for the HP T410 thin clients? I have managed to set this on the T510 as the option is present in the options -> setup panel, but there is no option on the T410. There is a registry folder named Screensaver on the T410 however but I am unable to create new keys/values (I wanted to try and replicate the T510 keys to see if this worked). 

I also tried opening X Terminal and tried to install Xscreensaver, but it kept returning unable to find package Xscreensaver. I think the OS is linux but not too sure (it does response to sudo apt-get install commands, but states "not using locking for read only lock file.. run sudo apt-get update to correct this issue) - tried but exactly the same message. Because there is no internal storage I don't think installation of a third party product is viable anyway. 

We did have a look at setting the screensaver on the server, but because the thin client itself is using a screensaver AND it is over remote desktop protocol, it will not work. Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated. Additional info is that it's running the latest thinclient OS, Zero core 4.4. 

Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation