Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemi8
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP update causes Pavilion Desktop to freeze up

HP Recommended

Recently, HP pushed out a forced upgrade that causes my desktop to freeze up.  Literally, nothing works, no mouse, closing windows, etc. I am forced to hard shut down the computer and restore to an earlier date (1/11/2018). This first started on January 12th, 2018.  I have had to do this several times even though I leave the computer on in "sleep" mode to prevent this troubled update from uploading. However, it eventually forces me to update again.

This is a real problem!  How can I either:  1. stop the update from being uploaded (I tried to stop HP updates by removing from startup...didn't work)  or....2. make this work without freezing up my system.

I am currently running windows 7 if that matters.

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,527
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Are you positive this update is from HP and not Microsoft?

You can also change what Windows 7 updates are installed by Microsoft.

Open HP Support Assistant (HPSA).

Click the Setting gear.

Change how HPSA handles updates.

Tom

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation