Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Thin Client T5740E
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have recently updated our HPDM to 4.7 SP10. was 4.6. Now when i try to shadow a device i get "Failed to connect to server".

I can:

- ping it

- netstat -na | find "5900" (Shows as listening).

- Set VNC pwd.

The firewall is disabled on the console end the thin client has exceptions in firewall for VNC 

Can't seem to figure this out. i cant connect from any other VNC clients either im baffled. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Having the same issue with 4.7 SP10.  We have a mix of thin clients, all are using thinpro7.  inbound vnc says connection refused.  Reverse shadow connects for about 5 to 10 seconds and disconnects.  Makes the devices about useless for remote control.  HELP!

HP Recommended

Was unable to delete this reply, but created a new community entry to call attention to my issue

HP Recommended

Hello together,

there is a similar Problem in Thin Pro. I did some testing and found out the following:

(As Reference, we use T520 and T530 Thin Clients with Thin Pro 7 in our Company. Thin Pro 6 is also affected)

I tested with Password and without Password, without Password it works fine, but with Password you get the following Problems:

- In User Mode, the Box declines the VNC Request

- In Admin Mode, the Box asks for the Password (if you use a VNC Client, or the VNC Viewer in the Installation Directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Device Manager\Console\lib\)

If you change the Password for VNC Access, you can connect to the Client with the Password. After you restart the Client, the password is not valid anymore.

I tried to get it working with some tweaks in the Registry, but it seems the Problem lies deeper in the Thin Pro Code.

The Problem extends to the HP Device Manager, since the Remote Control Device uses the VNC Viewer.

If you use Reverse Shadow, it will work, since the Client initiates the VNC Session.

But this is realy anoying, because not everyone who needs to VNC has access to the HPDM Server (Besides it takes very long to initiate, in comparison with a normal VNC Viewer)

I will address the issue to the hotline

Greetings

Muyotomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.