Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc 7800 Small Form Factor
Microsoft Windows XP

Where I can find and download the last version "Hpqflash" for windows Xp professional 32 bit and the last version bios for PC HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor?

Please can send me  links about above?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ciao, and prego.

Here is a very safe and easy way to update the BIOS without even being in Windows...

OK, so you have v1.35. 

When you ran the exe file, an info page should have opened, and you should have seen several different ways to update the BIOS.

This is how I do it on all of my old HP desktops like the dc7800...

Read the info under this section of the info page...

F10 Setup BIOS Flashing

The HP Business Desktop system supported by this softpaq provides a BIOS upgrade option through F10 setup using the "Flash System ROM" feature.  Reboot the PC and press F10 to enter setup.  In the File menu, select the "Flash System ROM" item.  This flash utility will present the user with the option to select the media containing the BIOS image file (XXX_MMmm.bin).  The binary image file is contained in the DOS Flash directory and is named XXX_MMmm.bin where "XXX" is the abbreviated BIOS family, "MM" is the major version number, and "mm" is the minor version number.  F10 ROM based flash can accept the binary file from the root directory of any removable media such as USB or legacy floppy diskette.  The user is prompted when the process is completed.  The new BIOS code will not take effect until the PC is rebooted.

View Contents of DOS Flash Folder

So here is what you do...

Get a USB flash drive.  Format it with the FAT32 file system.

Click on the View contents of DOS Flash folder on the info page that opens and copy the file contents of the DOS flash folder to your USB flash drive...just the files, not the folder.

Then restart the PC.

Press the F10 key to get access to the BIOS.

Select the File tab>Flash system ROM command.

Select the USB flash drive.

The PC will 'see' the BIOS files on the flash drive.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the BIOS.

One of the neat things that BIOS update does, is it adds an AHCI drive controller setting in the BIOS, so now you will have 3 drive controller settings...IDE, RAID and AHCI.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi:

HPQFlash is the built in Windows BIOS update flash that is contained within the BIOS update file.  It is not a separate file.

You can find the latest BIOS for your PC under the XP driver section at the link below...

HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

The latest BIOS update for your PC is version v01.35.

HP Recommended

Ciao  and very thanks for the info...
I currently have a V01.04 bios in my PC.
I had already downloaded the 1.35 file from the link but when I launch it (in windows environment), it gives me an error.
I was thinking why needed the Hpqflash program because in older bios version notes suggest "Use HPQFlash to upgrade the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows."

See picture attached.
Can you suggest me something?

Hp01.JPG

HP Recommended

Soory. this is the pictureHp01.JPG

HP Recommended

Ciao, and prego.

Here is a very safe and easy way to update the BIOS without even being in Windows...

OK, so you have v1.35. 

When you ran the exe file, an info page should have opened, and you should have seen several different ways to update the BIOS.

This is how I do it on all of my old HP desktops like the dc7800...

Read the info under this section of the info page...

F10 Setup BIOS Flashing

The HP Business Desktop system supported by this softpaq provides a BIOS upgrade option through F10 setup using the "Flash System ROM" feature.  Reboot the PC and press F10 to enter setup.  In the File menu, select the "Flash System ROM" item.  This flash utility will present the user with the option to select the media containing the BIOS image file (XXX_MMmm.bin).  The binary image file is contained in the DOS Flash directory and is named XXX_MMmm.bin where "XXX" is the abbreviated BIOS family, "MM" is the major version number, and "mm" is the minor version number.  F10 ROM based flash can accept the binary file from the root directory of any removable media such as USB or legacy floppy diskette.  The user is prompted when the process is completed.  The new BIOS code will not take effect until the PC is rebooted.

View Contents of DOS Flash Folder

So here is what you do...

Get a USB flash drive.  Format it with the FAT32 file system.

Click on the View contents of DOS Flash folder on the info page that opens and copy the file contents of the DOS flash folder to your USB flash drive...just the files, not the folder.

Then restart the PC.

Press the F10 key to get access to the BIOS.

Select the File tab>Flash system ROM command.

Select the USB flash drive.

The PC will 'see' the BIOS files on the flash drive.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the BIOS.

One of the neat things that BIOS update does, is it adds an AHCI drive controller setting in the BIOS, so now you will have 3 drive controller settings...IDE, RAID and AHCI.

HP Recommended

Ciao and very very Thanks for your information.

1> This is the File download at HP>Bios :

01-Bios.JPG

 2> When I launch it, appears this message:

02-Bios.JPG

 Translation in English: sp73852.ex isn't an valid application for Win32.

3> When i cick on "View contents of DOS Flash folder on the info page " this message appears:

03-Bios.JPG

 4> It's possible you send me the "BIOS image file", so i copy it in usb key 1GB formatted at fat32?

Waiting for your information.

Saluti, Marco.

HP Recommended

Hi, Marco:

Sorry that you are having a tough time there.

That was going to be my next move.

I have zipped up and attached the BIOS DOS files you need to copy to your USB flash drive below.

Download, unzip the file to its folder and copy the file contents of the folder to your USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

Grazie Mille Paul.

Next week I try it.

Dont worry , it's an old computer that I reinstalled to run old laboratory tools with National Instruments.

Have a very nice Week end.

Saluti, Marco.

HP Recommended

Anytime, Marco.

Glad to be of assistance.

You have a nice weekend too!

Paul

HP Recommended

Ciao Paul.

I hope you had a very great weekend.

OK, I've done Flash update at 1.35 Version.

Many many thanks for your support.

So, I've hothers 2 issue for this PC(one low and one medium severity).

I can continue with you, or I have to close this as resolved and open another request?

If I can continue with you, I describe below the 2 issue (1: low; 2: Medium severity).

1> When I try to launch the driver : Graphic Card > Intel Graphics Driver (see picture below).

Gian-Marco_0-1619424658273.png

03-SchedaGraficaIntel.JPG

 At the end of the update, the system gives me this error:

04-SchedaGraficaIntel.jpg

 English Translaction: The system does not have the minimum requirements for installing the software.
The installation will be aborted.

2> In System >Hardware > Device Manager, It shows an unknown device (Other peripherals);see pictures below.

05-Periferica.JPG

06-Periferica.JPG

07-Periferica.JPG

08Periferica.JPG

 Note: The pictures all refer to the one and / or only "unknown device".

Do you have any ideas to solve these 2 issues.

Waiting for your information and thanks again for your support.

Saluti, il Mene..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.