Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

HPWarrantyChecker.exe stopped working

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion p7-1449
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My  HP is constantly getting the message "HPWarrantyChecker.exe stopped working" in my PC's reliability chart in the last few days. I wonder what's wrong with my HP support assistant software apparently ? Can someone help me fix the problem ? I have attach an error description on the reliability chart as follows :

HPWarrantyChecker.exe Stopped working

Description
Faulting application name: HPWarrantyChecker.exe, version: 6.1.2.6, time stamp: 0x5a026e54
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x2cd1ce3d
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x001008b2
Faulting process id: 0x34dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d38d6cb2e8929d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPWarrantyCheck\HPWarrantyChecker.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 6da440d6-d5dc-4cad-9424-9af7039eaa10
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

12 REPLIES 12
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,088
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @elo2011, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are getting an error HPWarrantyChecker.exe stopped working on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Please provide the product number of your laptop to assist you better.

As you mentioned you are getting an error HPWarrantyChecker.exe stopped working on your PC.

HPWarrantyChecker.exe is part of HPWarrantyChecker and developed by Hewlett-Packard according to the HPWarrantyChecker.exe version information.

HPWarrantyChecker.exe's description is "HPWarrantyChecker"

HPWarrantyChecker.exe is digitally signed by Hewlett-Packard Company.

HPWarrantyChecker.exe is usually located in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPWarrantyCheck\' folder.

Uninstall the HP support assistant from your PC and try creating a new user account and install the latest version of HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to create a user account HP.

In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.
On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.
Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.
Restart your computer to complete the process.

Update HP support assistant using this link.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot HP support assistant issues.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
elo2011
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Does that means that I should first uninstall the HP Support Assistant software using the Program/Feature tool in control panel. Then download and install a new version of HP Support Assistant using the link you provided in : "Update HP support assistant using this link" in your message ?

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elo2011, thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Yes, you should uninstall the HP support assistant from program/feature control panel and then install the new version of HP support assistant from my previous thread.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
elo2011
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

When uninstalling the HP Support Assistant software, do I have to first disable the application software running in the background first ? How do I do that of disabling the application from running in the background. Now, I am getting the message "The HPWarranty Checker.exe has stopped working" about every half hour  when I check my PC's reliability chart.

Also, does uninstalling and then downloading and reinstalling the HP Support Assistant software in any way could harm my computer system ? Any cautions I should take ? What if the new installed HP Support Assistant version doesn't work at all ? What can I do then ?

Should I download and reinstall the HP Support Assistant software only in my administrative account ?

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elo2011, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you needed to know if you need to stop the HP warranty checker.exe application running in the background before uninstalling.

No, you don't have to disable HP warranty checker.exe application running in the background as once you uninstall the HP support assistant from control panel the HP warranty checker.exe will also get uninstalled.

And there will be no harm done to your PC as HP support assistant is a stand-alone application and not integrated into the operating system.

You have to download and install the application using an administrative account.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
elo2011
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I uninstalled the old version of HP Support Assistant and reinstalled the new version from the link you provided. But, the same problem persists. My computer is still getting the message "The HPWarrantychecker.exe has stopped" every 30 minutes. Any suggestion ?

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elo2011, thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by downloading and installing Revo uninstaller on your PC, after the installation remove all the components of HP support assistant and restart the notebook.

Next, download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

After the installation, restart the notebook again.

Also, find the link given below might help you.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-G62-Notebook-PC-series/4156509/model/4226731/document/c026049...

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
elo2011
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

What is the the Revo uninstaller you mentioned  ? How do I download and install the Revo software on my HP PC ?

When you referr to  the notebook in the your note, you mean my HP PC ?

0 Kudos
elo2011
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the link you referred to in your note to download the HP Support Assistant software as follows : HP Support Assistant for Microsoft Windows® 7 and newer ?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation