Level 1
9 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Hotkey Filter ctrl+alt+del not working with write filter enabled

HP Recommended
t520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use HP Hotkey Filter software version 1.4.5 x64 to block the use of ctrl+alt+del en Windows+L hotkeys on t520 thin clients with Windows 10 IoT x64.

Windows+L is blocking just fine but the ctrl+alt+del is not when the Unified Write Filter (UWF) is enabled.

ctrl+alt+del is blocked When I disable UWF. The thin client needs to be protected so it's not an option to turn off UWF.

3 REPLIES 3
VOIS
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here. When I logout with the User (after a Autologon) and then log in again it also works. Even if the UWF is enabled.

Only on the first Boot/Login the ctrl+alt+del isn't block.

Somebody an idea?

0 Kudos
Misterfountain
Author
Level 1
9 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately HP didn't come with a solution to the problem so I made a workarround.

My goal was to make it impossilbe for users to log off or lock the thin client in any way so I removed these options from the CTRL+ALS+DEL screen with 2 register keys that I applied using HPDM to all of the Win10 IoT devices.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\system]

"DisableLockWorkstation"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoLogoff"=dword:00000001

This works perfect.

0 Kudos
VOIS
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for sharing this workaround!

I'm gonna use that now the same way.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation