Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just want to keep my documents on the computer. I dont want to use Onedrive. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Calhigh1,

According to this link, it explains step-by-step the process to disable OneDrive.

Please let me know what happens.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Calhigh1,

According to this link, it explains step-by-step the process to disable OneDrive.

Please let me know what happens.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Please follow the below steps which will disable one drive

• Press Win + R keyboard accelerator to open Run dialog box.
  • Type GPedit.msc and hit Enter or OK to open Local Group Policy Editor.
  • Navigate to Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> OneDrive.
  • In the right pane, double click on policy named Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage.
  • Select the Enabled radio button.
  • Click or tap OK when done.

HP Recommended

Hello Calhigh1,

I have no idea why Likilesh posted a copy/paste of what wb2001 already gave information to.  

But if you have trouble getting it to work, Its because the Group Policy Editor method will not work on a Windows 10 Home edition OS, its only available on the Pro version.

But the link above that wb2001 gave has other information linked that will work to remove the MS OneDrive program.

If you do not wish to remove the program, you can also un-sync any folders linked in the OneDrive settings. Here is Microsoft's information on how to do this...

How to turn off or uninstall OneDrive

Scroll down to Hide OneDrive in Windows 10

HP Recommended

@Photoray002,

Thank you for your comment.  @Likilesh is just re-gurgling.

Unhappily, we have not heard from @Calhigh1 since posting.  One - time -wonder ???

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Thank you all for the help. I was able to stop the Onedrive on my computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.