cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFRICANHILL
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How do i change password hint as when password typed correctly the hint shows exact password

HP Recommended
HP Laptop HP15/A6 TB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Howdo i change password hint on my new laptopas if I thypeincorrectlythe hint shows theactual password so not very secure if laptop lost or stolen 

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,123 122,300 20,104 30,829
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you created a password on your own on the local PC (not using a microsoft account), click on the Settings gear icon on the left bar when you click on the windows icon on the lower left corner of the taskbar.

Click on Accounts.

Click on Sign-in options on the left side of the window.

Click on change your account password.

Type in your old password, to get into the menu.

I guess you can type in the same password for the new password, and see what happens, and then you should get the hint box to open and you can put in a different password hint.

Otherwise type in a different P/W (don't forget what it is), new hint, and repeat the process...change the password, put back the password you really want, and type a hint that isn't the password.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation