Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I've been checking everyweek since I got my HP All in One about this stupid feature.

I'm replying to the answer you gave. I know there is no fix that HP wants to do about this. It's a "friggin" annoying feature. They need to do something about this. But here's a question.

Why, when I go in the BIOS of my HP All In One I can press the "F" keys without pressing the "FN" key,. As soon as Windows 10 starts loading, I lose that awesome functionality and need to press the "FN" key to make the "F" keys work. I know it's as soon as the loading starts as the media keys work.

Now, what I would like is for whomever at HP in support stop telling people that you (HP) are not able to do it. You can, as it works in the BIOS, and HP programs the BIOS, it's just that whomever at HP is to "friggin" lazy to program the functionality in Windows for it to work the way it should work.

I bought two HP All in Ones for a work environment that does not need or require the media functionalities. We love the computers and the keyboard except for the "friggin" "FN" key.

Who do we need to elevate this to so HP does something about it? Help on this matter needs to be resolved as it's been going on for way too long.

Ronald

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FlickedFace
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.