07-04-2019 04:02 PM
Not sure I understand the question.
Following are some ideas on what you need to know / do to resolve the issue.
If you have your license key, you can download your version of Office.
Skip down to Microsoft Office - Product and License Information
and / or
If the software is pre-loaded, then it is already installed on the computer?
If that is the case, then you will have received a key to the software with the computer. Likely it would have been in an envelope, printed on the purchase receipt, or even perhaps sent to you as a separate email (unlikely).
If you did not receive the key and the actual full installation of Office is indeed installed on the computer, you will need to do one of two things: Contact HP and see if they can located the key for you (sometimes works) or Contact Microsoft, convince Microsoft that you did purchase Office with the computer, and get a key from Microsoft. Either way, have your purchase receipt on hand to help prove the case.
Perhaps the offer to install Office is already on the computer and it wants you to purchase or subscribe? (This is more typical of the types of "preloaded" options you might see on a new computer.) The "offer" to install / purchase / subscribe to Office 365 is just that, an Offer to which you can respond.
Office was installed originally and is no longer on the computer. This is similar to the first one (installed on the computer) -- you will need a key to install the software.
Microsoft Office - Product and License Information
Calls / links to:
To see help options: Scroll down to the middle of the page and select product
Need more help? Scroll down a bit more to find out how to contact Microsoft
Life is possible without Office
HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted. In the event that Chat is not available in your region: Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)
- HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
- If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided: Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option: Contact HP Technical Support - Regions
USA / Canada
Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.