Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Z600 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Can anyone help me find out if I have a TPM/PTT chip in my PC I've read in some places that my PC has one but I can't figure out how to enable it in the bios can anyone please help me? I've been hoping to find out if I have a TPM chip so I can install Windows 11 On My PC

PC Specs: Hp Z600 Workstation (Mostly Sure it is a V1), 48GB DDR3 800MHz ram, 2 Separate Intel Xeon E5506 @ 2.13GHz (Planned to be upgraded), Zotac/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970

Thanks, Seb

Thanks, Seb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Seb.

Watch this video for where to enable the TPM.

HP Z600 Workstation BIOS Settings | Shineitexperts - YouTube

It is about 1:03 into the video.

It is under the Security Menu in the BIOS and is labeled as the Embedded Security Device.

In the video the device is hidden.  Change the setting to Available, save the setting there and and again when you exit the BIOS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your PC has a TPM chip it is usually enabled by default in the BIOS, and shows up in the device manager under a Security Devices category.

It will be the older TPM 1.2 version, not 2.0.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply

I've had a look at it and this is what appeared

Seb1000_0-1631049772566.png

I then had a look at the online manual for my PC and I found this

Seb1000_1-1631049845475.png

What should I do?

Thanks, Seb

Thanks, Seb
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Seb.

Watch this video for where to enable the TPM.

HP Z600 Workstation BIOS Settings | Shineitexperts - YouTube

It is about 1:03 into the video.

It is under the Security Menu in the BIOS and is labeled as the Embedded Security Device.

In the video the device is hidden.  Change the setting to Available, save the setting there and and again when you exit the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for all of your help

Thanks, Seb
HP Recommended

Anytime, Seb.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.