Captain900
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

How to recover Power Director for HP ENVY 750-537cb

HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-537cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a system restore/reset, I loss Cyberlink Power media and Cyberlink Power Director. I was able to download Power Media from the HP website but Power Director is not listed for my computer.  Both came preinstalled on my new compter that's 2 months old.  Is there a way to download the correct full program for my computer, Tech support was no help?

4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,721 92,599 11,985 25,549
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Captain900

Probably you did not use HP Recovery Manager to Restore you machine because it will recover automatically. Now please fownload and install the following software

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79333.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Captain900
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I have sp79333 already on my computer, it was for Cyberlink Power Media player 14.

I need Cyberlink Power Director.

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,721 92,599 11,985 25,549
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Captain900

Please use

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77576.exe

and

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71739.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Captain900
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Banhien.  My computer was less than 90 days old so I returned it for a new one of the same model.  The new computer doesn't have Cyberlink Power Director either.  I don't know if I was mistaken or not.  I pretty sure my original computer had this program.  My wife's older HP computer (Win 10) has power director preinstalled.  I was almost certain that I had it and that a new computer of the same model would have the program.

Thanks for the link to the files.  I don't know which one is for Power Director or if both are needed.   I'm afraid of using them on my brand new computer.  Maybe HP pulled the program for my model of computer for a reason like a conflict with a recent update to Windows 10, I don't know.  Maybe an update removes the program.

Thanks again.

Edit

I checked other HP computer such as the HP 750-514 in the store, they had Cyberlink Power Director installed. I noticed that other computers don't have the dedicated Nvidia video card that I have, there may be a problem between Nvidia and Cyberlink.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation