Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPE H9
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How do I upgrade my OEM Powerdvd 10 that came with my HP desktop? I tried playing The Force Awakens and it said it needs an update, I clicked yes and all it said was update complete, yet it still didn't work. I know they needed support for PowerDVD 10, but was wondering if there's a way on HP to upgrade it for free? No updates appear on PowerDVd 10 itself, only an upgrade to Powerdvd 15 that I have to buy. I looked under support on the site for my computer and I didn't see anything for PowerDVD 10. Although I found this link from a Google search someone asked about updating, but don't know if it'll work so just wondering: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_147804_1#tab4

Will that upgrade my DVD 10 to DVD 12? Will it work for my computer? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Got it working now! In your first link under revision history I saw they release a new version in March 2016. I installed that and now The Force Awakens plays! Doesn't ask for an update or anything. Jus a headsup you should use this link in the future if anyone has this problem and not the outdated one you gave me: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=wk_163129_1

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this HP version of PowerDVD12 will work on your PC...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70001-70500/sp70133.exe

HP Recommended

Well I downloaded and installed it fine and have PowerDVD 12 now. But when I put TFA in it says I need to update so I click yes and downloaded the update from Cyberlink. But during installation it says update couldn't be completed because there's a problem with the Internet connection. Uhh no there isn't? I've seen this problem others have had. How do I get around this? Is there a more updated version I can instal?

HP Recommended

Hi:

What I did was to save the update, and I ran it from my PC after closing out the program.

I didn't have any issues with updating it that way.  The only thing is it keeps giving me the update message and now I just ignore it.

I do not know of another version that will work.

HP Recommended

I did the same thing, didn't have PowerDVD running. I had it closed and opened the update from my downloads and ran it. But when it's installing, near the end when it says "computing space requirements ", the message pops up saying "Update could not be completed due to a problem with the Internet connection. Please check and try again." Only thing is there isn't a problem with my connection.

Is it something with the version you gave me? I saw the other version in my original post was from 2014 as opposed to the 2013 one you linked me.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem is on your end.

I installed that version on 3 of my HP desktops and the update installed just fine.

The only thing is when you click on that arrow on the top left of the power DVD screen and click on the update tab, it still shows the same update is available.

The problem with trying other versions is most of them now error out saying you are not installing it on a qualifying HP PC.

See if this other version works for you.  Uninstall the one I gave you, restart the PC and try this one.

Type:Software - Multimedia
Version:12.0.2.3720 A (21 Mar 2014)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65635.exe

HP Recommended

Got it working now! In your first link under revision history I saw they release a new version in March 2016. I installed that and now The Force Awakens plays! Doesn't ask for an update or anything. Jus a headsup you should use this link in the future if anyone has this problem and not the outdated one you gave me: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=wk_163129_1

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'll have to try that one myself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.