Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0053na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to use the graphic equalizer in my desktop PC to optimise sound reproduction from the desktop mic, but I can find no information on it. There appears to be no way to enable direct audio output from the mic input to enable equalizer adjustments to be heard (I am aware of accoustic feedback and plan to use headphones to avoid it). Is there a way of achieving this? The sound card is a Realtek High Def Audio card. Installed driver is V 6.0.8924.1.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
You can change the settings to obtain the desired sound when playing an audio source.
For example you watch a video, and modify the settings to improve the bass, treble output for the speakers
On the other hand you cannot with a microphone except error
that said I do not have the material to test, I do not have a microphone
you may need to use specialized software

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply, but sadly it doesn't solve my problem. The graphic equalizer is in "HP Audio Switch/Microphones/Audio Control Settings/Listening Experience" accessed from the right-hand side of the Task Bar. They are not audio out tone controls. I don't see how they can be used unless I can hear changes in real time as the controls are operated. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

I think we do not understand each other
You tell me :
They are not audio out tone controls
"graphic equalizer"
We agree that an equalizer is used to modify the tones, that's what I'm talking about, it is used to improve the sound output on the speakers
Give me some captures, on my pc, I have this:

Annotation .png

If it's similar open an audio file, and change the tones this should change the sound from your speakers
but it should not work with a mic

however what I am indicating is that here I can not see under recording experience,  because I do not have a microphone connected, so I can not see what is possible here!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Cmajor7 

First thing I would suggest is going here to obtain and install the latest RealTek drivers and software:  https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a.html

Second, I have this and looked at the RealTek HD Audio Manager and did not see any equalizer function.  So, you would probably have to look around for a third-party add-on to do this.  If your sound card was an add-on, those usually come with audio packages, so you should check with the manufacturer.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your reply. I'm very impressed with the speed of response to posts to this forum. It seems that in the absence of any information available from HP I made a wrong assumption. It seems that I can only modify sound detected by the mic after it has been recorded and played back from the computer. I fear that this may be a problem if I want to copy the recorded material to another medium e.g. an optical disk. It may prove difficult to obtain an acceptable sound from the playback device. There's only one way to find out.

Thanks for the advice.

HP Recommended

try to give me screenshots of the available settings
But, maybe your microphone is not of sufficient quality either.
Otherwise, you have to look for the recording software, in order to find one that can improve certain parameters.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.