3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Hp Support Solutions Framework High CPU

HP Recommended
Pavilion P6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

For no apparant reason Support Solutions Framework has been using 60 to 90% of my cpu.

I can stop it with the Task Manager but it starts again within a minute.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Solutions Framework and Support Assistant as it was recommended to someone else on the forum.

After I  reinsalled it it did not show up in my list of programs. Appeared as if it had not installed although the installation software said that it had. Finally had to do a System Restore to get it back and it is doing it again.

Any idea how I can get it to behave normally?

5 REPLIES 5
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @brlouis45,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand HP solutions frameworks using high CPU on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you to uninstall HP solutions frameworks and HP support assistant and then install it from the below link and test.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
brlouis45
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Neither HP Support Solutions or HP Support Solutions Framework are showing up in "Programs and Features". See below.

Is there some other way to delete them?

Screen Shot.png

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,542
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@brlouis45

Hi,

as @The_Fossette is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I read that the HP Support Solutions or HP Support Solutions Framework are absent in the "Programs and Features" list. 

I recommend you to download and run the HP Support Assistant program. This tool will detect and install any missing tools and drivers required for the computer. 

Secondly, if you're facing performance issues due to high CPU usage then please perform the steps as described in detail from this HP article.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

brlouis45
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MKazi,

Thanks for the reply.

I already have HP Support Assistant. As you can see in the attachment from my last post, it doesn't show up in the programs list either.

I already ran it and it didn't come up with anything.

I'll try the link and see if it helps but even if it does, I have the problem of HP Support Solutions Framework and HP Support Assistant being installed on the computer and yet not being in the programs list.

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,542
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@brlouis45

You're welcome. Sure, please keep me posted once you have tried the link. 

Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation