Vtmonge
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp24uh driver is faulty, causes blue screen

HP Recommended
HP 24uh
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc often bluescreens, and every time it happens i get the error message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. This happens every day for a week or so, before stopping and then happening again a few weeks later. I found out the issue was with my HP monitor, and tried to uninstall the driver and restart my pc, download the driver again from HP's website, running the diagnostics tool, and updating my drivers. Every time, the old driver got replaced with the same version, and the problem persisted.  My monitor is a little over 2 years old, and the issue started about 6 months ago. What can i do to fix this?

Extra info:

The monitor is connected to a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 with a HDMI cable. 

The power cable is connected straight to a wall socket.

I'm going to use my computer without the monitor for a few days, to confirm that the problem lies with the monitor. Will update.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
kingtopcat
Level 4
142 139 10 22
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there Vtmonge!: Welcome to your forum!  if it's a monitor issue then try a different monitor with a different brand name it might be the solution to your malady

thanks to Microsoft Windows & Intel & the introduction of Windows 95 computer componentry has been standardized(with some well documented exceptions of course)  

which means most new hardware will connect & work on most pc's 

if the expense of replacing a relatively new monitor is an issue then start haunting the chiphead/retail & online shops to get the lowest cost on a replacement screen

if you're not satisfied & require a 2nd opinion or wish to push back the frontiers of PC power

feel free to feast on our brains like zombies 24/7/365.25

kingtopcat

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation