Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen PC 880
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have to  ask you for a help with HPCommRecovery.exe. Every time I boot into W10 and I go to Maintenance and Reliability History, I see HPCommRecovery.exe has stopped working. May I ask you for a help how to solve that issue, please? Without disabling its service and so on 🙂 Thank you in advance.

Message of error:

Descrizione
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files\HPCommRecovery\HPCommRecovery.exe

Firma del problema
Nome evento problema: CLR20r3
Firma problema 01: HPCommRecovery.exe
Firma problema 02: 2.0.15.0
Firma problema 03: 5baddfe7
Firma problema 04: System.Management
Firma problema 05: 4.7.3056.0
Firma problema 06: 5a8e5a11
Firma problema 07: 8c
Firma problema 08: 3f
Firma problema 09: System.Management.Management
Versione SO: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
ID impostazioni locali: 1040
Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 8bee
Ulteriori informazioni 2: 8bee58efc4124d486b658a407fc84f07
Ulteriori informazioni 3: d377
Ulteriori informazioni 4: d3779c9b69e39e330b4bceeccc32b440

Ulteriori informazioni sul problema
ID bucket: 35d161376bf0cea0f242a001ac1e37b6 (1315789970188679094)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This executable is installed by HP.  It can, at times, consume excess CPU cycles.

I had a similar problem with Windows Media player.exe when running Windows 10 (W10) version 1803. Constant error messages in Maintenance and Reliability. But Windows Media player worked as expected. The errors have stopped since upgrading from W10 version 1803 to W10 version 1809.

I believe the error message you are seeing may be a false positive.

Ignore this message until you see actual problems using HP provided utilities. Are you having any problems with your PC or any HP software?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the response.

Indeed the HP installed utilities work fine and I experienced no crash about them.

I hope they will provide a fix in due course .

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi Libra1980.

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.