Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 740-414
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All my files are on OneDrive for business. Not enough room on C drive to keep files on, so when I open file it needs to open from the cloud. Would like to also have files on C drive. Help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The model number posted is not a good number but I found a  ENVY Desktop - 750-414 and it has a 128 GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive.  Assuming that the PC in question is this one - here is the support page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-750-400-desktop-pc-series/12079665/model/13191031/docum...

or one similar, the C: drive can not be made larger or add space from the other drive because they are two separate drives.  You might be able to move some files from the C: drive to the 😧 drive but not too many as most of the SSD is used for Windows.  The 1TB drive is supposed to be used for data storage.   If you have data on the C: drive it can be moved to the 😧 drive and then tell the software to use 😧 for data instead of the C: drive.

An improbable solution is to install a bigger C: drive and migrate the present data to the new C: drive.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks!

Can I dowload all the files from the cloud (One Drive windows 10) to the D Drive?

Also, How do I tell the software to use D as the main drive when syncing the OneDrive?

HP Recommended

Yes, just point the download files to the D; drive instead of the C;.  That probably will mean that you have to watch where each software has been set up to save files and change it to a folder on the D; drive.  Any new software can be directed to install  on 😧   If you watch where it says it wants to store files and then direct them to use 😧 it should progress nicely.  That just means to not forget and let the software choose, as most will automatically choose C: by default.

Here are instructions for OneDrive. 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/files-save-to-onedrive-by-default-in-windows-10-33da0077-77...

Scroll down to the "Set where your files are saved" and then change the location to a folder on the 😧 drive.  Same with any other software but probably different instructions.  You will need to research each separate software if the setting is not obvious.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you!!!!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome.  Glad to help

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.