Did you mean: 
Kim299
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I had my mother board replaced how I am unable to sign in using face or pin

HP Recommended
Hp 27 envy all in one
I had my mother board changed but I have got it back and can not sign in using pin or my face
1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,705 22,692 1,363 1,378
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kim299

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you got the Motherboard changed and now you are unable to Log in using the Pin or Facial Recognition

I'll try my best to help

Are you able to log in with the password?

If you are able to log in try these steps

Once you are able to login to your system, try to reset the login PIN and check if it works.

1. Click on the Start Menu and select settings.

2. Now select Accounts.

3. Next select the tab Sign-in option.

4. Click on I Forget the PIN and follow the on screen instructions.

If you are unable to log in, let's try a System Recovery

1. Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly. The Choose an option screen opens.

• On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.

2. Clicking the Troubleshoot button

3. Click Reset this PC.

Clicking the Reset this PC button

4. If you want to keep your personal files and customizations, click Keep my files, then click Reset. Your computer reinstalls the operating system and your computer restarts. You are done.

If you want to remove all files, click Remove everything and continue to the next step.

Keep my files and Remove everything options

5. If you only want to remove everything from the drive where Windows is installed, click Only the drive where Windows is installed. If you want to remove all files from the computer, click All drives.

Remove all files from the drive where Windows is installed or from all drives

6. You can fully clean the drive, so that no files are recoverable, or you can delete your files.

Just remove my files or fully clean the drive options

• If you want to delete your files, click Just remove my files.

• If you want to clean the drive, click Fully clean the drive.

7. Click Reset.

Clicking the Reset button

Windows reinstalls the operating system and the computer restarts.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation