Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP desktop windows 8.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

well what does the floppy disk label show.?

vast classes FD exist.

this readier is it USB modern Floppy disk reader?

Sony MFD 2DD 3.5 Inch Micro Floppy Disk

to read any such disk it must  be for DOS or windows, NO PC told by you sure newer 8.1 PC. sure.

but the disks format must  correct,

and not corrupted as more are now from AGE and vast stray magnetic fields like getting them near magnets or motors.

how many  disks are there.

and the labels, say what.

persons today , nobody uses these now, for sure that old.  what is your purpose here just curious find old disks at a garage sale?

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

well what does the floppy disk label show.?

vast classes FD exist.

this readier is it USB modern Floppy disk reader?

Sony MFD 2DD 3.5 Inch Micro Floppy Disk

to read any such disk it must  be for DOS or windows, NO PC told by you sure newer 8.1 PC. sure.

but the disks format must  correct,

and not corrupted as more are now from AGE and vast stray magnetic fields like getting them near magnets or motors.

how many  disks are there.

and the labels, say what.

persons today , nobody uses these now, for sure that old.  what is your purpose here just curious find old disks at a garage sale?

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help. I will take your advice and try to see if an old computer will read them. I have approx. 100 of the disks. I had an embroidery business years ago and at that time the embroidery machine read floppy disks. I have decided to go back in the business and was hoping to retrieve some of the old designs I had and put them on flash drives as that is what the newer embroidery machines take. Thanks again for you help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.