Did you mean: 
DennyBurns
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

I have problems with pdf.

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have problems with pdf. The file is old, and I need to extract from it any text format. When I open it through different programs in places where a bold format and italics were used, there are meaningless signs in their place. I tried to open it through different versions, since the file was created in older versions - only content with incomprehensible symbols changes. What else can I do with the pdf extension?

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,618 92,496 11,971 25,526
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DennyBurns

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Sorry, this forum is for HP products. PDF may be on many HP machines but it is not from HP.  Please try

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
DylanRobertson
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

General pdf repair tool of Adobe Acrobat Reader:

• Go to adobe official website, click the "Support" tab on the top of the screen, click on "Adobe Reader," and then select the "I can't open a PDF document" statement underneath "Troubleshooting." The Support tab is located near the top of the screen as a white word against a black backdrop. After clicking Support, you will see the phrase "Product Support Centers" on a new page in bold white font, under which is "Adobe Reader." The new page after clicking "Adobe Reader" will have the word "Troubleshooting" underneath the phrase "Adobe Reader and Help Support." Underneath "Troubleshooting" is "I can't open a PDF document."
  • Follow the instructions on how to complete a general repair and installation of Adobe Acrobat Reader. To attempt the most basic PDF repair method, Open "Adobe Acrobat Reader" (select the program in your Start menu, which is on the bottom-left part of the screen), select "Help" from the gray tab menu at the top of Adobe Acrobat Reader, and click on "Repair Adobe Reader Installation." A meter should pop up indicating that your Adobe version is being checked for errors and is being linked back to the home Adobe.com website just in case you need to download a new update of the program. If you need to download an updated version of the program, another pop-up will appear on your screen asking you if you want to update Adobe. Click "Yes."
  • Reopen the PDF file. It should now be readable. If not, then try the next set of directions.

Sourcehttp://www.ehow.com/how_6643045_read-bad-pdf-file.html

Hope this helps   

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation