Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7800 CMT PC ALL
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I'm trying to run linux ubuntu on Virtualbox. It fails after installing successfully because virtualization technology isn't enabled. I enabled vt-x in BIOS and shutdown my pc and turned power off then started it but virtualbox didn't respond either giving me the same result:

smbus base address uninitialized - upgrade bios or use force_addr=0xaddr

I installed Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility to check virtualization technology on win 7 but was still off.

2016-07-12_204819.png

I have been working on this problem full day with almost no result!

Khaled Abolaynain
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The  Intel Core2 duo E4500 Installed in your notebook's systemboard does not have the virtualization feature.

That is why enabling  it in the BIO does not work. You will need to change the CPU to a compatible one that has the feature.

See the specs at the following web page.  I noticed that the image you posted with CPU-z also does not show the feature present. If it did,  Vt-x would be listed in the instructions section.

http://ark.intel.com/products/30781/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E4500-2M-Cache-2_20-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What is the installed CPU?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

2016-07-12_132027.png

here are all the features including CPU.

Khaled Abolaynain
HP Recommended

When you set the VT-x did you press the F10 key to save and exit?

You can use a utility called CPU-z to get more information on your hardware, including CPU features.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

HP Recommended

Sure I did. When I log into the BIOS, it is now already enabled.

Is there something specific I need to do with that program?

2016-07-12_175414.png

Khaled Abolaynain
HP Recommended

The  Intel Core2 duo E4500 Installed in your notebook's systemboard does not have the virtualization feature.

That is why enabling  it in the BIO does not work. You will need to change the CPU to a compatible one that has the feature.

See the specs at the following web page.  I noticed that the image you posted with CPU-z also does not show the feature present. If it did,  Vt-x would be listed in the instructions section.

http://ark.intel.com/products/30781/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E4500-2M-Cache-2_20-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

HP Recommended

Securable deceived me into believing that it was available ,but locked off.

images (30).jpg

Yesterday I tried it on my HP ProBook and it worked. The feature was said to be enabled by intel utilities either it was enabled or not in the BIOS and now it works great!

Thanks,

Khaled Abolaynain
HP Recommended

HP ProBooks do normally have CPUs that have Virtualization available. 

It is good to hear that you are able to run your virtualization software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.