Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

EDIT: For anyone else running into the below issue, download the drivers via FTP (using WinSCP / FileZilla / Internet Explorer) instead of through the browser or the HP Assistant. Thanks to Paul_Tikkanen for figuring that one out!

-----

The Intel UHD display driver download for the HP 600 G4 SFF (sp113531.exe) returns a "Failed to extract CAB" error on multiple workstations:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp113501-114000/sp113531.exe

sp113531(1)_14IcBDqm0L.png

When extracted in 7zip, it generates a "Checksum error":
7zG_TDZKJBZjlc.png

Something is wrong with this driver package. This has been verified on multiple systems / ISPs and is not an individual download or connection issue, but a problem with the file itself. Are there any alternate mirrors or older driver versions available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the driver directly from Intel.

Intel® Graphics – Windows® 10 & Windows 11* DCH Drivers

This was the latest previous version on your PC's support page.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111481.exe

If you want to try the Intel graphics driver from Intel and you get a message that the driver is unsupported, see my knowledge base article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version...

Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel...Skylake,... - HP Support Community - 7185608

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the driver directly from Intel.

Intel® Graphics – Windows® 10 & Windows 11* DCH Drivers

This was the latest previous version on your PC's support page.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111481.exe

If you want to try the Intel graphics driver from Intel and you get a message that the driver is unsupported, see my knowledge base article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version...

Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel...Skylake,... - HP Support Community - 7185608

HP Recommended

It looks like the previous driver version hosted by HP (sp111481.exe) unfortunately has the same CAB / checksum issue. I'll give the Intel driver workaround a shot, as I ran into the "unsupported driver" error when attempting to deploy those instead. Thank you for putting that guide together!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Also try this...see if downloading sp113531 directly from the ftp site works instead of from your PC's support page.

See this discussion as to why I am suggesting that...

Solved: Re: sp112854.exe failed to extract cab - HP Support Community - 8165402

Here is the direct link to that file.  You will need to download it with Internet Explorer.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp113501-114000/sp113531.exe

HP Recommended

That is really bizarre; I can confirm downloading the sp113531.exe file via FTP (I used WinSCP) works properly and doesn't have the same checksum issues. Downloading it from Chrome and Firefox via the Support Page (or having the HP Assistant download it) consistently results in a broken file.

HP Recommended

I am going to report this problem to our forum administrators, who will contact HP to see what can be done about this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.