Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilio 570-p023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm needing to purchase a new computer . My old one (over 10 years old) is acting up. I need one which will run my software programs, hopefully easier than my present pc. My image editor is Corel 2018 and my video editor is Magix. My question is, will the model 570-p023w run these software programs easily ? I also have a raw image editor which my present pc runs very slowly.   thank you--tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Tom

You are welcome.

You should be very happy with that PC.

Tom

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi absalom1951

Video and image editing is CPU intensive. More processor cores (hyperthreading) and processor speed make for a better experience.

A better GPU also helps.

This product should encode faster than your 10 year old system.

I would look at better processor (which would include a more advanced chipset) and GPU choices if you are doing professional encoding.

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the reply. I beleive I will look for a better processor . I am not doing professional encoding , but I do know I don't want to purchase a pc that barely does the job. 

Thanks for your assistance --

HP Recommended

Hi Tom

You are welcome.

The i7-7700 is a decent processor. It has four cores, turbos to 4.2 GHz, and hyperthreading.

You might want to look at an HP model having an i7-8700. It turbos to 4.6GHz, has six cores, and hyperthreading.

You would want to look at a better graphics card.

The 570-p023w has integrated graphics and a 180 watt power supply.

You would have to upgrade the power supply when you upgrade the graphics card.

You are better off selecting a system that has the right components when you buy.

HP has other systems that will give you what you need at purchase.

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi Tom,

I am looking now at a model HP Pavilion 570-p056 i7-7700 . I know very little of whats a good graphics card , this one has a GeForce GT 730

With all the different configurations available its kinda mind boggling. This pc is a mini=tower  ,does that affect anything?

thanks--tom

HP Recommended

Hi Tom

You want to look at an Nvidia GTX 1060 or better.

You will have much trouble upgrading the graphics card in a mini tower (570) chassis.

This HP product, 750-630xt, has good specs. I would go with a 500 watt power supply (cooling solution has to be upgraded) in case you want to upgrade the graphics card in the future.

I don't know what your budget is and I am not recommending you buy this product. This configuration should be very nice for video encoding. Plus it is upgradable.

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi Tom,

I looked at the 750-630xt and it looks like  a very good machine . Its a little bit more than what I want to spend , but it might be the best and smartest way to go. 

I've been reading up on graphic cards, I never realized their importance . Always figured they were more for gaming systems.

After I think the 750-630xt ove , I will probably order me one.

Thanks for all the help and info !!

tom

HP Recommended

Hi Tom

You are welcome.

You should be very happy with that PC.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.