soulexite
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Is it possible to overclock my OMEN 870-206na

HP Recommended
Z7C24EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically im just wondering if its possible to overclock my machine? when i brought it was advertise that "Overclock without fear and push your performance to the very edge, because with optional liquid cooling your machine always stays frosty" is this possible on my machine ?? and if so how.

thank you.

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,026 24,677 2,884 10,677
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@soulexite, welcome to the forum.

No, you won't be able to overclock the processor in your computer.  The processor would have to be one with  "K" in the name, such as, i7-7700K..  These processors have the multiplier unlocked so it can be increased.  There are no processors with the "K" that have been fully tested to assure compatibility.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation