Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION P7-1017C DESKTOP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help getting the latest BIOS version for my computer. My computers product name is HP Pavilion p7-1017c. It is a desktop computer. The SKU number is QP756AA#ABA. The chassis serial number is 4CE12405NF. It has Windows 10 and is a 64 bit operating system. The problem I had was that I tried to put a 2 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card in it and it would only get me to the very first loading screen and wouldnt go past it. I researched why it wouldnt go past it and the thing that kept popping up was to do a BIOS update and usually that would fix it. Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that video card won't work in your model because it has a version 7.xx BIOS revision.

You need a UEFI BIOS version 8.xx or higher to run Nvidia 700, 900, 1000, or 2000 series graphics cards.

The latest BIOS revision for your PC is only to be run using a supported operating system (W7), and it is only version 7.16.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p7-1000-desktop-pc-series/5080737/model...

So reinstalling W7 and updating the BIOS to v7.16 isn't going to help.

HP Recommended

I should be able to get an even better bios version since I have upgraded the OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have also upgraded the CPU from the i3 to the i7 2600s and have 8gb of ram. I know most of that doesn't matter but the OS does. Is it still possible to update to the latest BIOS version for Windows 10 on my computer?

HP Recommended

Not without reinstalling W7.

If you run v7.16 in W10 you run a good risk of turning your PC into an expensive doorstop.

HP does not support your PC for W10 so, there aren't and won't be any driver or BIOS updates forthcoming on W10.

See HP's W10 support matrix at the link below...Your PC was manufactured prior to August of 2013.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

HP Recommended

Tell me what to do then so that I can use the EVGA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti graphics card in my desktop please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.