Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I did get a private message as promised followed by a telephone call but no resolution.  I seem to recollect a promised email with a contact number for the person who called me but even that is conspicuously absent!!  Further research by me suggests that Intel, rather than HP, has forgotten the i7-6700T chip.  The latest list of available patches from Intel lists "Skylake H/S" but NOT Skylake T and they say all Intel core 6th generation chips have been patched. Therefore they must have forgotten the Skylake T chips.  Can someone at HP PLEASE look into this matter URGENTLY and give me some solid advice?  I will be extremely upset if anything happens to my information due to Intel's or HP's negligence!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Keeping checking the bulletin. Look for Bulldozer under the HP Envy 24 AOI. It indicates To-Be-Determined (TBD).

I would also suggest that you uninstall HP Support Assistant and install the latest in case it's not picking up any updates.

Try this link for the latest version of HP’s Support Assistant.

Lastly, look for BIOS updates on the support server for your particular product here.

Be patient.  HP has a lot of PCs to build BIOS updates for and then QA test the updates.  Your PC is almost 3 years out of warranty so HP will probably go after the newest and the most vulnerable first. I am sure that HP has a priority list.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thank you Big_Dave for your quick reply.  I already have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of the HP Support Assistant installed and regularly check for updates at the web page you linked and checked the Bulletin. No update shows there.

One confirmation please - are you telling me specifically that as and when the Bulletin shows a patch available for the Bulldozer HP Envy 24 AOI, I AM TO INSTALL THAT patch rather than look for a patch for my specific computer?  I don't wish to make any mistake here and brick my computer by guessing.

FYI, my computer has been out of warranty less than ONE year (expired April 2017), not 'nearly 3 years' as you stated!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

The Envy 27-p010xt was released to the market in November 2015. That's the date I was referencing comments about being out of warranty. The base warranty is one year and add on warranties are more or less buying an insurance policy. Nonetheless, once PCs get out of warranty or one year past the release date then don't expect to see HP to commit additional services to except in special circumstances.

Once HP configures the BIOS and runs QA on it for the Bulldozer motherboards then I think that you should expect to see a BIOS update.  The same motherboard would use the same BIOS update even if the motherboard is used in different models.  I have seen BIOS updates posted for the same motherboards being used on different models.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

At last I can happily report that the necessary BIOS update showed up on my computer's support page - although the update is dated Feb 20, it only showed up in the last week sometime and I downloaded and installed it today without issue.  Thanks to all who finally made this happen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.