Cushla1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Microsoft Office Word

HP Recommended
HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do not use Microsoft Office Word for reasons involving price and my frequent use of Adobe OpenOffice. However, a few days ago, my computer refuses to let me open files in anything but Microsoft Word, which is disabled because I have not purchased it. How do I reject Word's proprietary manipulation of my computer and set Adobe OpenOffice as my default?

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,853 92,730 12,009 25,605
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cushla1

Please try the following steps to Change default programs in Windows 10:

• On the Start  menu, select Settings .
  • Select Apps > Default apps.
  • Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store. Apps need to be installed before you can set them as the default.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation