fsantos902
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Microsoft account

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 21 touchsmart aio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Is there any way to set up the computer to where it’s not synced with my mocrosoft accounts? I did a favtory reset and it made me login to mu account but now my email inbox and other things are on there that i didn’t want. I can’t even find where to log out of the email.
5 REPLIES 5
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Yes.

Dont enter a Microsoft Account.

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-from-usb-dvd/

The section to enter/create a Microsoft Acoount

OR SKIP THIS STEP

Step 15: On this screen, you’ll be asked to enter your Microsoft account ID (your Hotmail, Outlook.com or MSN email) and password. Type Microsoft account ID and password before clicking Sign in button.

Clean install Windows 10 Step17

While it’s a good idea to sign-in using your Microsoft account (there are many benefits), you can create a local account by clicking Skip this step.

Step 16: If you have clicked Skip this step, you’ll see the following screen where you can create your local user account by typing your name and password.

Clean install Windows 10 Step18

Step 17: Next, you’ll see an option to sign-in to Windows 10 using PIN instead of password.

According to Microsoft, PIN is safer than a long password. If you want to use a PIN to sign-in to Windows 10, click PIN me button.

0 Kudos
fsantos902
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Do i have to do a factory reset on the computer in order to remove the microsoft account?
0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I don't know, I don't use an MS account, but would try adding a USER first along the lines of the screenshot.

0 Kudos
ys198884
Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, a factory reset isn't required.

If you want to switch from a Microsoft Account to a Local Account, try this: 

1. Open Windows Settings

2. Press on "Accounts"

3. You should see your Microsoft Account

4. Press on the  2nd link (the one under "Manage my Microsoft Account"), Windows will ask you for your Microsoft Account password. Confirm that you want to switch to a local account. 

ilemauriceE1
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm looking ro removing the a Microsoft account from a laptop with Windows

https://boutiqueaz.com/comparatif-cookeo-moulinex/

Webmarketer de 34 ans et fidèle à la marque hp : https://boutiqueaz.com/comparatif-cookeo-moulinex/
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation