Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2011X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have recently found a HP 2011X Monitor and i wanted to connect it to my HP Pavilion Notebook. The notebook is HDMI but the monitor is VGA so i bought an adapter. So when I try to connect the monitor and my laptop it says "Input signal Out of range - Change Settings to 1600 x 900 - 60 Hz. So i did that but it is still giving me the same error message

Any advice on how to fix it?

Big thanks, Vlad

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Parcalab_Vlad

Welcome to HP support community.

These messages are normal when the computer truly goes into sleep mode or loses the video signal (such as when the computer is turned off). However, if the monitor displays any of these messages when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong.

If you suspect the monitor should be displaying an image from the PC instead of the message, use one of the following sections that match how the monitor behaves after the computer is powered on:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey!

I tried doing what you said but i don't have another laptop or anything else to connect it to

I tried everything from trying to wake up the monitor which dind.t work it just woke up my laptop

I also tried basiclly everything that was in the message

Nothing worked and I don't know what to do

I don't have a beefy computer, I am just trying to connect my laptop to the monitor and i doesn't work

It worked when i first connected it 2 days ago but after that it kept giving me the input signal out of range message

Please Help

HP Recommended

I found something

I connected my laptop to a TV-ish monitor and it worked so i am assuming now that it is something with the monitor

HP Recommended

There is nothing wrong with your monitor...but it sure is a problem with the signal converter you are using (your adapter)

you experience an incompatibility...changing signal from HDMI (digital) to a VGA (analog)

your adapter is the problem not the monitor..

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.