Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop - S01-pf1145d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

My device is : HP Slim Desktop - S01-pf1145d
Operation System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 21H1

My SSD: samsung mzvlq256hajd-000h1

My device have very slow ssd speed. I only use 40% of my storage

I tried find drive for update but I found nothing, Please Help

Thank and best regards,

Khanh2209_0-1630182557462.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Khanh2209 

First off, the NVMe driver is built into Windows 10 -- if it was not working, you would not be able to use the SSD at all.  There are no special drivers for this.

Second, your specs are similar to mine -- but I have an older PCI-e Gen 2 desktop.  I can not find any PCI-e specs for your model, so I do not know what Gen it is -- but my write speeds are twice yours. So, I have no idea why yours is so slow.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Not much information and do not solve my problem.

But thank you for your attention sir.

HP Recommended

@Khanh2209 

Yeah, I know there is not much to go on -- but the performance speed of NVMe drives is set by the Generation level of the PCI-e bus -- and I can find no information on what your laptop happens to have. If it's new or only a couple of years old, it should have a Gen 3 bus -- and you would then get speeds much faster than you are reporting.  If you can return the SSD, you should consider that as it is possible to get a faulty one.  But apart from that, there is nothing you can do to improve its performance.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.