myglossyaffair
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My personal blog not opening on my PC

HP Recommended
HP 280 G2 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a blog which was earlier on blogger and now it is on wordpress (godaddy hosting).

The problem is, it is not opening on my PC. The error message is -

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL / was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

I am not even able to login into my wordpress account. I have tried everything but it is PC specific problem. this PC is in my office and there is a leased line. There are a total of 5 PCs in my room out of which 2 PCs are this model which are not opening my blog and settings while other 3 HP (Windows 7) machines are opening everything successfully.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

404. That’s an error.    The requested URL / was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

> I am not even able to login into my wordpress account.

Until you can login, and can confirm that you have uploaded a file named either:

* index.htm

* index.html

* default.asp

* default.aspx

then asking for the '/' web-page won't work, because the web-server (not your web-browser) cannot find any of the above file-names.

I have seen "hacked" web-sites, where the hacker has deleted all of the above files, and HAS CHANGED THE PASSWORD for the account, preventing you, as the "owner", from logging-in.

Contact your hosting-provider, and change the password for your account, and then login, and start looking around.

myglossyaffair
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did many things and next day, the problem was resolved. But thanks a ton for your timely help 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation