Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion H8-1010 PCE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been running this desktop without issue for several years now with an outdated bios 7.08 (6/13/2011).  I need a more current bios either version AMI Bios 7.16 or AMI Bios 7.17.  There is no bios to be found for download.  This desktop is working like a champ other than minor conflicts with my AMD Radeon 560 card.  Updating the bios should do the trick.  I have no desire to buy a new pc during a pandemic where nobody has money.  Where can I find this bios for my Pegatron 2AC2 motherboard?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since your model is not supported by HP for W10, you can find the latest BIOS update (v7.16) under the W7 driver section.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-HPE-h8-Desktop-PC-series/5080764/model/...

I have no idea what the consequences will be if you run the BIOS update in W10.

It may work fine, or it may turn your trusty PC into a doorstop.

HP Recommended

Appreciate your quick reply Paul.  Two things here.  When I first bought the pc back in 2013, it had a free windows 10 upgrade and has worked perfectly fine since.  I even replaced the i5 processor with an i7 and still works fine.  My glitches seem to have popped up with an upgraded video card last year when my older card finally quit.

Your link does not take me to any sort of download page.  It defaults to choosing either Win7 or Win8.  When I select Win8 64bit, it defaults to a message of there being no downloads.  Which begs the question, is there a direct download link?

HP Recommended

Nevermind... I found the file under Win7. LOL

Again, I appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The way that HP designed the support page, is when you are running W10 on a PC where there are no W10 drivers, you get a:

We were unable to find drivers for your product message

Just above that message, are two blue message links to click on.

Software and drivers for

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1010 Desktop PC

Choose a different product
Choose a different OS

You click on the Choose a different OS message and a window opens.

On the left side you select the OS (Windows).  On the right side, you select the available version of Windows (8 or 7 in this case).

There are no BIOS update files on the W8 driver section but there is on the W7 driver section...

IPISB-CU Motherboard BIOS Update

7.16   Feb 6, 2012

Fix and enhancements:

- Adds support for 'S4/S5 Wake on LAN'.

- Resolves blue screen error (7B) after pressing Ctrl+Home keystroke
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.