Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 17-by4000 (18B36AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I need some help backing up to a USB Flash Drive.  I got, I think to about the last step and got an error message I'll attach below.

I really didn't understand what I was supposed to do, so thought I best ask first.  I just lost a PC from some sort of corruption, and this is my laptop I do not want to fail by not backing it up on a regular basis.  I am using Macrium Reflect's Free Edition, and I'll attach more info for you on my Win 11 Laptop below also.  Thanks in advance for any help with this:

sys info win 11 laptop.pngwinver info.pngbackup with macrium_error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are making a system image, you need to select your USB flash drive as the destination source.

Click on the drop-down arrow on the first line that indicates folder and select the USB flash drive that should also be an option.

You can see in my screenshot below that E:\ is my USB flash drive.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1657160495675.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are making a system image, you need to select your USB flash drive as the destination source.

Click on the drop-down arrow on the first line that indicates folder and select the USB flash drive that should also be an option.

You can see in my screenshot below that E:\ is my USB flash drive.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1657160495675.png

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks Paul 🙂  I will go and try to work my way through the rest now.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.