Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion23 All-In-One PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I have an older HP Pavilion23 All-In-One PC that I want to connect to another external monitor.  My other monitor accepts a HDMI cable into it.  However, this All in One PC doesn't have any HDMI ports.  It's only got USB2 ports, a microphone jack, headphone jack, AC adaptor input jack, some kind of ethernet input,  How do I connect out to another monitor? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@razerfish 

Hello;
Allow me to welcome you to the HP Support Community!

What you would need is an external video USB-to-HDMI adapter box.  That routes the video signal to the HDMI jack on the monitor through an HDMI cabled plugged into the box from the monitor.

It's been a while since I looked for these, but from what I recall, they started at around $30 USD.  But the price varies by the resolution you want to provide to the display device. The higher the resolution, the more expensive the adapter box.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Awesome. If you have a link to any recommended models, that would be great. Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.