Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP NoteBook 15-af131dx

Original OS I was given with this HP NoteBook 15-af131dx but hard drive was bad so I got used hard drive that keeps wanting to boot to windows vista but it can't repair bios test runs says everything is good with this one but still fail after fail on bootings so I went down forked out last 80 bucks for Western digital 1 terabyte internal hard drive and it says load boot disk over and over I press f10 on power up but it will not let me into BIOS to download windows 10 via USB what can I do here 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That model came with Windows 10, here is the support page

\https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04797004

In order to reinstall Windows 10 via USB - assuming you have the Windows 10 install on USB, start tapping the Esc key and then power on the PC.  Continue tapping the Esc key until the menu comes up, then pick the setup or boot menu to change the first boot device to the USB.  Do that with the Windows 10 USB in the USB port.  Then it should allow you to continue with the install.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.