cityboy_ca
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

No lighting control

HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-29
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The Omen Command Center does not have a lighting or profiles tab. How do I adjust the case lighting?
5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,993 24,644 2,875 10,656
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cityboy_ca, welcome to the forum.

Just downloaded and installed the latest version of Omen Command Center on my HP Omen X.  You can find it here.  It is in the section titled "Software-Solutions".  There is only Home and Lighting for selections.  The Lighting section will allow you to choose several options for color or the System Status.  I like the System Status, especially when I am gaming, because it lets me know if the CPU or GPU are getting too hot.  Try it to see if it is what you want to do.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
cityboy_ca
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks old_geekster.  Unfortunately it's the same as the one I have installed.  I did download and install it, but Home and Network Booster are the only two choices, neither of which have lighting options.

I have the Omen 880-29. 

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @cityboy_ca.

When I open the Command Center it has Home and Lighting on the left side column.  It appears that the Lighting is not available, but when I click on it the lighting section appears to the Right.

The only suggestion that I can offer is, completely uninstall the Command Center using an app, such as, Revo Uninstaller and reinstall it to see if that helps.  I believe a glitch may be keeping it to function correctly.

0 Kudos
cityboy_ca
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Capture.JPG

Did as you suggested but still no joy.  Am I missing something obvious???

Thanks again for your ideas.

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is very strange.  Here is what I see when I click on Lighting:

Omen Command Center.PNG

I have the "Mode" set on System Status.  I have no idea what needs to be done.  I will see what I can find out from a contact at HP.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation