Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

No sound yellow exclamation tick

HP Recommended
Pavilion 550 desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Read all the articles/replies /solutions but no success.
No playback and no recording devices.
No system sounds. No headphone output. No external speaker output. No microphone output.
I’m a songwriter and I need sound!
Please help if you can.
8 REPLIES 8
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 42,208 4,647 12,420
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

It would help if you provided the complete product name or product number. 

HP 550 desktop PC is a description of a model series.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
terrybraverman
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only reference to the model Pavilion is  CZC6328Z2Z Compaq Pavillion 550

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What you provided me with was the serial number. That did help. 

For future reference, you own  an HP PAVILION DESKTOP - 550-103NA

Product Number: N8X12EA

Have you installed the most recent HP PC Hardware Diagnostics?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-550-100-desktop-pc-series/849...

Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics -->component test. Test the audio to verify that the onboard audio is operational.

Windows 10 also has audio troubleshooting. At the magnifying glass icon on the systray, type in audio

Have you tried reinstalling the Realtek audio driver for Windows 10? Use the following URL to download it.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-550-100-desktop-pc-series/849...

The support portal for your HP PAVILION DESKTOP - 550-103NA is located at the following link.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-550-100-desktop-pc-series/8499648/model/11926383/pr...

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
terrybraverman
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

I have downloaded the diagnostic tool you suggested but cannot find where it has been saved to.

Can you advise, please?

0 Kudos
terrybraverman
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not have a magnifying glass icon in my system tray.

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the browser that you used, you can check downloads to see where it was saved.

If you have Windows 10 installed as you said, then the magnifying glass should be right next to the Windows icon. 

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
terrybraverman
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sadly, the diagnostics program does not work. I downloaded it but each time I try to Run it - it simply results in downloading itself again so I never have the chance to run the program. Obviously, it worked for you but not on my model PC.

0 Kudos
terrybraverman
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you all.
None of the recommendations solved the problem.
I called in a pc repairer who spent an hour trying to resolve a problem he had never seen before. Finally, by going into Safe Mode he selected an option new to me and sound reappeared! For now, anyway.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation