Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP T430 Thin Client

We have bought 08  HP t430 thin client, on these machines there is an application that reads office files (extensions xls, doc etc...)?

thanks a lot

Andrea

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@andreasantoni66 

Hello;
Allow me to welcome you to the HP Support Community!

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

I checked what I could find on specs on your model PC and could find no mention of any MS Office products coming preinstalled.

However, you have two other options.

First, Microsoft and other companies provide downloadable versions of apps that will read MS Office files -- you have to search online for them.

Second, there are alternatives to MS Office that will not only read, but also allow you to create and edit, MS Office files.  Some are free, some are not.  One of the best known is WPS Office.  Another is SoftOffice 2018.  Once again, you will need to do an online search to find what is available and for what price.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.