Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been working on this issue for a couple of months including system reinstalls and software reinstalls.

I have captured the windows log information and hope that someone who is mush more knowledgeable than myself can point me in the right direction to correct the problem.

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0014
Product number: 4NM65AA#ABA

Faulting application name: HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.exe, version: 9.2.6.0, time stamp: 0x5d80a841
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0x0ebfb165
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
Faulting process id: 0x2380
Faulting application start time: 0x01d577c92cd09d34
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.OMENCommandCenter_9.2.6.0_x64__v10z8vjag6ke6\win32\HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 55e5043c-d6d2-49b0-9238-947122390475
Faulting package full name: AD2F1837.OMENCommandCenter_9.2.6.0_x64__v10z8vjag6ke6
Faulting package-relative application ID: AD2F1837.OMENCommandCenter

Application: HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32, System.String)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck, System.Object, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryOptions)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(System.String)
at HP.Omen.AccessoryMouseSettingModule.Models.PrimaxInfoHelper.Initialize()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.App.Main()

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you having problems with other programs?

Have you installed the latest version of OMC (Link)?

Try running HP Diagnostics (Link).

Tap "Esc" at system startup.

Select "F2".

Run System and Components tests.

Regards

HP Recommended

Operating System Check   OK

Performance Check with System file check  OK

Iolo System Mechanic – no problems found

PC Tune Up Pro  by Large Software – no problems found

AT&T Support Plus PC Maintenance Toolbox – finds that a start up file is corrupt but not which one

Windows 10 USB recovery file creator – has failed repeatedly and trying to restore from a restore point has failed repeatedly.  Have had to restore from Recovery CD at least 3 times. From what I have learned researching Microsoft support and the net, this is not necessarily unusual. Now backing up with commercial program.

I have run the systems and components check you have suggested and found no errors.

I turned off all startup items, uninstalled Omen Command Center, restarted system then installed  Omen command center thru HP support Center and Microsoft Store.

I then attempted to start Omen Command Center as administrator.

It failed and the same errors showed up in the Component Services/Event Viewer (local)/Windows Logs/Application file errors.

I am at the point of not putting anymore time in on this program and writing it off as junk.

HP Recommended

@cookie77037 

Sometimes the OCC needs some other updates that normally don't find their way onto your PC.

First off, you have to use the MS Store App version. The version on the HP Drivers page no longer works. IDK why its even there still. If its on your system, uninstall it and uninstall what ever App version and grab the latest one more time... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Then you have to install the latest HP System Event Utility... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Next, install the OCC SDK Package... sp98588.exe

Then the most important part is to manually force Windows to search for updates, even if it shows it up to date.

Click the Check for Updates button in Windows Updates. If it finds anything, install it and reboot. Go back and force it again. Keep doing this until no more are found. Ive had guys who did this and still didn't get all the updates until the next morning.

There are some HID files that have to be installed that we cant get except through MS Updates.

Make sure in Windows Services that the HP Omen HSA Service is set to Running - Automatic.

The OCC can be bios dependent also. You need to look up what your mother board SSID is and update it based on that.

But if you do update the bios, don't use the HP Support Assistant. Manually grab the file from the Driver downloads page and run it.

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.. sorry.

HP Recommended
Although I have run through the items you suggested a number of times before, I ran through them again. Still unsuccessful. Some of the status that I ran down were Current revision levels HP - OMEN Command Center Version 9.3.6.0 (64-bit) HP - OmenCap Version 0.9.1.0 (64-bit) HP - System Event Utility Version 1.0.39.0 (64-bit) HP - AppHelperCap Version 1.15.1289.0 (64-bit) All of these apps are running in auto HP App Helper HSA Service HP Comm Recovery HP Network HSA Service HP Omen HSA Service HP System Info HSA Service Thank you for your input.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I use NZXT CAM software for lighting and AIO LC CPU pump and chassis fan control on many builds.

It flakes out every so often.

This software has to talk to the BIOS and Windows. 

Who knows!!

It works okay for a while and then it just hangs. Have to close the program and reboot the PC. Sometimes a reboot works, sometimes it does not help. Software reinstall does not help.

I tell folks to wait for the next NZXT software build. This problem seems to happen when Microsoft does a cumulative or a feature update to Windows 10.

Regards

HP Recommended

I tried

Administrative CMD Prompt - DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth To restore the system files from the recovery partition to eliminate the KERNALBASE.DLL as an issue. 

Still no Omen Command Window. 

I went to the Windows event viewer and found these errors.

Fault bucket 2263027926858691177, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.exe
P2: 9.3.6.0
P3: 5d8b3353
P4: mscorlib
P5: 4.8.4018.0
P6: 5d4a6683
P7: 133
P8: 7e
P9: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD6F7.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD784.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD795.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD7A7.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD7B7.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_HP.Omen.OmenComm_a75816e15dd54b1eddcef6e2ccb091adcfaaf15_fa4fd4e1_e3b44b45-76f9-44c0-8835-a459f65f35d2

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: ae9022fc-eb35-4065-834b-21ba2266984f
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 8d2a1cdc16887c029f67e3e8d1337269
Cab Guid: 0

Faulting application name: HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.exe, version: 9.3.6.0, time stamp: 0x5d8b3353
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0x0ebfb165
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
Faulting process id: 0x3988
Faulting application start time: 0x01d57bbb3f4b5dbe
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.OMENCommandCenter_9.3.6.0_x64__v10z8vjag6ke6\win32\HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ae9022fc-eb35-4065-834b-21ba2266984f
Faulting package full name: AD2F1837.OMENCommandCenter_9.3.6.0_x64__v10z8vjag6ke6
Faulting package-relative application ID: AD2F1837.OMENCommandCenter

Application: HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32, System.String)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck, System.Object, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryOptions)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(System.String)
at HP.Omen.AccessoryMouseSettingModule.Models.PrimaxInfoHelper.Initialize()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.App.Main()

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the only persons that those event errors will mean anything to is the programmers of the software.

And since you are the only one I know of with this particular issue, I doubt anything will become of it.

I have no way of presenting this to them.  I'm sorry.

Only thing I can suggest at this point is either contact HP Support for a warranty issue or do a reinstall of the operating system.

Most likely, a Windows reinstall is all the Warranty Service team is going to have you do anyway.

HP Recommended

I have to agree with you.  I think they may have others out there that have the problem and do not know enough to ask the right questions and just live with what they have.  I have actually done three grass roots reinstalls and suffered the torture of having to reinstall all my other software. The one thing I had not mentioned is if you go to the Apps and Features page and try the Repair or Reset you end up with

OmenCommandCenterBackground.exe – Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFBA0E9A839

which is a challange to close because the mouse will not behave properly. The only cure is a new install of the system.  I know all the 'major brands' job shop all their products now so there is no in house knowledge anymore. It is what it is. 

Thank you both for your input.

HP Recommended

Hi Cookie77037,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.