Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One

I NEED HELP one day my computer just shut off and didn't want to start. Yesterday it started up it went through the updates stayed on for and hour shut off again now it doesn't want to turn on. I don't know what to do since it's not turning on. The computer was purchased October 2018 brand new hope that little bit of info would help. TIA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

It is impossible to provide a solution to your problem using the provided information.

Your Problem Description:

The PC would not boot. Then it did boot to Windows. Windows updates or HP updates did install. Now the PC will not start Windows again.

It could be: a hardware problem, or a failed Windows update caused by legacy hardware, or incompatible hardware drivers, or system file corruption.

Can you get to the BIOS by tapping "ESC" at startup?

Then select "F10".

Can you run HP Diagnostics?

Tap "ESC" at startup

Select "F2"

Run System Tests

I can't get a handle on what's happening.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.