Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 10 (676 Views)

Orange warning triangle over HP assistant logo

Product Name: Pavilion 23
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP support Assistant recommends action to be taken.

The message board states: 'After upgrading to Window 10 ' which does not give me much of a clue.

I have looked through all the possibilities and all seems in order.

A few days ago I had the same issue and it appeared that the Windows update had not taken place.

After downloading a driver it seemed to have worked and the warning triangle went.

Am I missing something.

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 10 (627 Views)

Re: Orange warning triangle over HP assistant logo

Hi there @jggreene,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I gather from your post that you have some confusion as to warning messages on your system. I am happy to give you a hand with this.

I guess it comes down to what the message is about. It could be a case of an update being available that is dependent on another one being installed first. It is like Windows Updates in Windows 7 for example. If  you look at a list of updates and install them all , if one were a Service Pack, then you would likely have a pile of additional updates that would then become available that were dependent on that service pack being installed first. 

Here are a few pages on the HPSA that you may find of use, or if you have looked at them before as a review.

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8)

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

I hop this has helped in some way, and if I have resolved your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
Message 3 of 10 (575 Views)

Thank you for your support.

I have tried what has been suggested but I am not getting far.

Dowloading seems to take place but then I am left with this message:

HP - Imaging - NUll pring - Photosmart 6520 series - Error 0x8024200b.

Please can you help me further please.

Thank you

JG

Retired
Message 4 of 10 (565 Views)

Thank you for the update. Check in Device Manager and see if there is a listing for an "Unknown Printer."  If so delete that entry and try restarting your computer  to see if the error message comes up again.

Let me know if that works or not.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Tutor
Message 5 of 10 (473 Views)

Thank you for your latest reply.

Indeed there was an 'unknown printer' which I deleted prior to restarting the computer.

The triangle is still there on and off. 

It leads me to two messages, one: After upgrading to windows 10 which does not take me any further.

I do not suppose it is a major problem but it is annoying to have this warning and i still hope to be able to solve this with your help.

Thank you!

JG

Retired
Message 6 of 10 (467 Views)

Does the unknown printer still appear in the Device Manager after a restart?

Also what exactly are the new messages you are getting?

Once I know I can see what I can find that can help.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Message 7 of 10 (438 Views)

Thank you for being so persistent.

Here are the list of events:

The orange triangle at the bottom corner of my screen telling me that  'recommended actions are needed'.

In the HP screen there are 2 messages:

one preceded by an orange triangle states:' After ugradig to Windows 10' with  a remind me drop down list.

The second line following a blue 'i'  states Welcome to HP support Assistant 8 with the same remind me drop down list.

There are no 'unknown' printer listed any more. I removed it when you first asked me.

This issue of the orange triangle is not occuring all the time and I had periods when it is not there.

I hope this will allow you to go further if you can and I thank you in advance.

JG

Retired
Message 8 of 10 (432 Views)

Try uninstalling the HP Support Assistant completely, then restart your computer. After the restart try installing the HP Support Assistant again, but be sure that any security software is disabled during the installation, such as anti-virus software, as in many cases those applications can mess up other applications during installs.

Once it is installed be sure to enable your security software again.

If you have an error either in removing the HP Support Assistant or when installing it again, please post what the error is.

Let me know if that helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Message 9 of 10 (427 Views)

Thank you for the extra help.

I am no expert and I now feel that I would rather live with this orange warning icon than affect any other aspect of the computer by re-installing something not properly.

I do not suspect that this icon will lead to trouble unless you say so.

Kind regards.

Highlighted
Retired
Message 10 of 10 (425 Views)

No it really shouldn't but if you change your mind, please let me know, and I will try to help you through  whatever may be necessary.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation