Did you mean: 
Slymanx
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Overclocking an Omen 880-130

HP Recommended

Hey HP,

I just bought the Omen 880-130 with the GTX 1080Ti and the i7-8800k @ 3.6ghz processor.

I want to try overclocking using the Omen Command Center.

Now I don't want to damage this beautiful machine, so I was wondering what are safe perimeters for overclocking?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,677 32,577 2,960 7,274
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Slymanx

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but Overclocking is NOT supported for OEM PC, including HP PCs. 

You risk serious damage doing this -- as there is no absolutely "safe" way to do it, and you risk breaching the Manufacturer's warranty in the process.

I used to do this a LOT on older processors where you could get performance increases of 50% (or more!), but with more modern processors, that tend to run hotter, there is little to be gained and a lot to lose, in the process.

Personally, if you're unwilling to risk trashing the PC, I would recommend AGAINST doing this.

If you want to know more about the Overclocking process, a website that provides such information is here:  [H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com 

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Slymanx
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why does the Omen have an overclocking tutorial on Youtube and include prebuilt software with the option if you're not supposed to? Isn't that the whole point of the liquid cooling?

0 Kudos
ericgio87
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello.  I also recently purchased the 880-130 Omen as well.  It comes with an i8700k and GTX-1080TI. As slymanx  stated...the Omen desktop comes with an overlocking omen command center feature.  All sales sites boast the ability of reaching 4.7GHz.  I'm also curious...why would the pc include an overclocking feature in the omen command center and sales sites talk about 4.7 if you're NOT supposed to overclock the machine?

0 Kudos
McCrackey
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good afternoon! I have an Omen 880-050 with the 7700k processor, so I suppose I'm in the same boat. Would this PC be able to support an 8700k if I wanted to upgrade?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation