Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 240
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I can't find the PCI Serial Port Driver for HP Z240

There is already a post on it but i can't download the uploaded driver at this address.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76975.exe

If somebody has this driver can you please upload it again.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use this driver instead...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100653.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks, i tried to install it but it pop up an error of KERNEL32.dll, later on i installed windows Automate installation kit and then trying to install KB2990941, but unfortunately faild to do so. I'm attaching screen shot for you kind consideration.

installation_failed.PNGThe procedure entry point.PNG

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry the automatic installation didn't work.

Try manually installing the PCI serial Port driver as follows...

Go to the device manager.

Click on the PCI serial port needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\100653.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

HP Recommended

Thanks, The driver has been installed however on device manager it still showing a warning

"Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"

I have another machine where windows is running and the installed driver don't know when it is installed is working fine, is there any way i can copy the driver from there.

Device_driver_fail_to_intialize.pngDevice_driver_fail_to_intialize_managment_interface.pngdriver_from_another_machine.JPG

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how you would be able to do that.

You may want to try one of the older Intel Management Engine Interface drivers from the support page.

Look under the Previous Version section.   There are six previous versions to choose from.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-z240-tower-workstation/8354563

HP Recommended

Thanks i will try and will let you know if sucessful

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.