Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I just removed the darn button completely to expose the power source and used a pin to turn it on. HP=horse poop.
HP Recommended
I'm not sure how to even get the back off to find the motherboard ugh. Does it require a special tool of sorts? I am very computer illiterate and need help!
HP Recommended

Toscha, here is link to video to open up Pavilion 23 AIO...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmcKpUPDUTM

Take it with a grain of salt... I don't have the screw shown in the middle, above the folding leg... just carefully pull the tabs up from the bottom... snaps off, but a pain to get back on...

Now, I have questions about the 'power supply'... are there any components inside the AIO that are a 'power supply'?

This unit is no more than a big laptop... The power is supplied by AC Adapter Charger Power Supply... am I wrong?

It is described as a 23'' All-In-One Desktop PC  Switching Power Supply

So, what am I missing here... This site carries the HP logo and there are people claiming to be HP gurus... why can't we get a straight answer?

My AIO is just over a year old... and dead! The 'power supply' has an output of 19.7 volts DC... is that the problem?

Someone also mentioned a green light, in back where the AC Adapter plugs in... I do not have a light there. I never did notice if there was a light there... I can get a replacement for $20... Is it even worth that!

I'll try 'shorting' the power switch (if nobody gives any feedback)... see if anything pops...:smileyfrustrated:

PS... the only reason I have this piece of junk is because Staples was closing a store... it was a demo they just put out but didn't want to move... I got it at 70% off... wanted to play with Windows 8 anyway...

CPU can be changed, Ram can be changed to 16G max with 2 slot and 8GB in each slot, graphic card is solder on, wireless card can be changed and hard drive is a 3.5 inch can be changed. Removing back cover 0.30 Removing hard drive 2.30 Removing DVD drive 2.55 Removing motherboard cover 3.30 ...
HP Recommended

Happened with my All In One 19
Take out the button battery under the mother board. Replace,it worked for me.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03747886

HP Recommended

Wow Dammmm I thought I was just (removed content) outa luck until I read thru these complaints...ya know wat really gets me so (removed content)is these (removed content) designed this monitors to do this.....all I did was change my BROADBAND home provider, got my new Modem installed it (removed content)....so I googled on my phone and hello...we got (removed content)...I'm so pissed......why....wat know...

HP Recommended

there is power going to the unit, but when I push the pwr on switch, nothing happens

HP Recommended

Happened with my All In One 19
Take out the button battery under the mother board. Replace,it worked for me.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03747886

@Toscha wrote:
I'm not sure how to even get the back off to find the motherboard ugh. Does it require a special tool of sorts? I am very computer illiterate and need help!

HP Recommended

ITs seems to be a common problem with these HP models. The power switch has issues and seems to always fail. You will need to open up the back cover and trip the power switch connector wires. There are few Youtube videos on the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p37x1SShUTs

This is a solution I did to fix my non power on issue after the cord was pulled from my all in one. I was able to solve this on my own hopefully it helps others.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.