Did you mean: 
Cesar2020
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Pavilion 23-h024 wont turn on

HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-h024

hi, I have this 23-h024  and all of the sudden it wont turn on, there is a light by the power connector but when I push power button nothing happens,  please help, should I buy a new power switch board or what, please help

4 REPLIES 4
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cesar2020

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums, the place you can come back to, for any concern or query as we as a community are eager to help,

That said, It'll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify your concern and/or address your query.

Have you checked with an alternate power adapter/cord?

Did you connect the cord directly to the wall outlet (excluding surge protector/UP) and check if that works?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

To begin troubleshooting, press the Power button and check for any signs of power. Select Yes if any LED lights are on, you see a cursor or error on the display, or you hear noises such as beeps or fans. If you do not see or hear anything indicating power, select No.

If no, let's perform a hard reset:

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by a hard reset, which decreases the amount of power stored in hardware components.

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.

2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.

3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

Disconnect all external devices such as, 

• Additional monitor or display

• CD/DVD media

• Docking station

• Mobile phone charging cable

• Printer

• SD cards

• Speakers

• USB hard drive

Verify that the AC adapter is the correct type

Use the original HP AC adapter that came with your computer or confirms the AC adapter is a genuine HP part and it is a supported HP accessory for your HP computer.

Do not use an HP AC power adapter on non-HP equipment and do not use a non-HP AC power adapter on an HP computer.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off, in case you don't respond in the next 24-48hrs,

As I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Cesar2020
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried but didn't work, 

I bought the computer like 3 or 4 years ago, everything is original power cable and everything else,  it was working good all the time but for some reason stopped working g, I see no light on anything nor I hear noise at all when I push the power button,  the only light I see is the one next to the power cable when I connect it but nothing else 

0 Kudos
Cesar2020
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a computer pavilion 23-h024 and I turned off a few days ago and when I was trying to turn it back on I didn't respond, 

Should I buy a new power switch board  for my computer,  maybe that is the problem,  can I get the link of a website where I can buy one, please let me know. 

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cesar2020

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

I recommend you check with an alternate adapter/power cord, if not done already:

• If the alternate power adapter/cord works fine, you may need to replace the same,
  • If the alternate cables don't work either, please refer to my private message for further instructions:

That said, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation